27/03/2010 7:26 pm – on a plane 36,000 feet above the Western Australian outback
Hello, my name is Jeremy Errol Jacob. I am 25 years old. I am a graduate mining engineer who just quit my $140,000 pa job with a major mining company to follow my dreams and try out some business / money making ideas – with the goal of having over $1 million in my bank account and all the time in the world to enjoy life by the time I turn 27.
I’ve decided to write this blog so that:
- In case I pull my goal off – I can try to get this published as one of those ‘how to get rich’ books and get even richer.
- In case I don’t pull my goal off – I can try to get this published as one of those ‘how not to try and get rich’ books (if they exist!) and ironically end up getting rich…
- I have a record of this new chapter in my life – which I have a sneaking suspicion is going to be amazing.
- I can share this journey with other people. This includes you.
SO – my pledge to you:
- I will write an entry every single day* from now until the day I turn 27, which will be on the 11th of August, 2011.
- I will state everyday the contents of my bank account(s).
- I will state everyday the amount of money I make (and how) and spend (on what).
- Everyday I will write about at least one thing you didn’t know about me or my life.
Captain over the radio – we will be landing in Perth soon. YAY home!! I’m so excited to start this new journey, slightly nervous about not having an income indefinately, slightly sad that I’m leaving my home away from home for the past year+, but overall happy that I’ve finally made the decision to quit and try my luck in the unknown world of entrepreneurship. <- hope i spelt that right.
Need to turn off all electronic devices now. Till next time!
* I might allow myself a couple of sick days… I’m my own boss now!!